Trip code: MMTHC
Duration: 5 Days/4 Nights
Journey: Ho Chi Minh City - Tay Ninh - Cu Chi - Mekong Delta (overnight on board)
Departs: Ho Chi Minh City
Departure Point: Ho Chi Minh City
Departure Time: 7h45 - 8h30 AM
Return Details: Ho Chi Minh City
Hotel Pickup: Yes
Day 1: Arrival - Ho Chi Minh City
You are welcomed by our guide at the Tan Son Nhat airport and then be transferred to your hotel in the center of city. Half day city tour visit Reunification Palace, War Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral with the passing Ben Thanh market. Stay overnight in Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 2: Ho Chi Minh City – Tay Ninh - Cu Chi (B/L)
Drive a long way on the country side of Vietnam to Tay Ninh, 100 km from Ho Chi Minh city. On arrival to the head quarter of Cao Dai religious, you will have a chance to witness the daily ceremony at Cao Dai Holy See, and meet followers come to attend the ceremony wearing colored robes, a symbol of the curious combination of the Confucianism, Taoism, Christianity and Buddhism. Having lunch at a local restaurant then continue the trip to Cu Chi, visit the incredible underground tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese fighters during the long struggle for independence. Overnight at Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 3: Ho Chi Minh City- Cai Be (or Can Tho) (B/L/D)
In the morning, we pick you up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City and take you to Cai Be (or Can Tho). You board the Mekong Eyes around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink, we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people. In the afternoon, you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through the village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields or meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits. Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape. The boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner.
Day 4: Cai Rang (or Cai Be Floating Market) - Ho Chi Minh City (B/L)
Wake up well rested to the sound of the River and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing. At 6.30h the Mekong Eyes sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast. After breakfast, we will board a sampan boat to Cai Rang (or Cai Be) floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skilfully handcrafted regional products. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants. We will also visit some of the local candy and cake making factories or boat through the green water landscape to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship-building yards. The boat trip ends at around 11.00 - 11.30h on the pier. After lunch, we will take you back to your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
*Note: Mekong Eyes goes from Can Tho to Cai Be (on odd dates, e. g. Sept 1, 3, 5, 7 etc.) or from Cai Be to Can Tho (on even dates, e. g. Sept. 2, 4, 6, 8 etc)
On odd date pick up time in Ho Chi Minh City is 07.00. On even date pick up time in Ho Chi Minh City is 08.00.
The road trip from Ho Chi Minh City to Can Tho takes approx. 4 hours, to Cai Be approx. 2 hours. This is why on odd dates we have to leave Ho Chi Minh City earlier than on even dates.
Day 5: Ho Chi Minh City - Departure (B)
Free time for shopping or optional visit before transferring to Tan Son Nhat Airport for departure.
Price Per Person (in U.S Dollar)
Minimum 02 Person
Rates are Valid Until April 30th, 2013
Children From 5–11 Years Old
Children Under 5 Years Old
Free Of Charge
Children Over 11 Years Old
Note: Rates are valid until April 30th, 2013 by Vietnam Culture Travel. All rates are quoted per person in U.S Dollars. Rates are net and inclusive of service charges and 10% VAT.
* The prices above are based on the hotels on the VietnamcultureTravel.com 'Accommodation' page. If you would prefer a different hotel, or hotels, choose your preference on the relevant 'Hotels' page, tell us, and we'll send you a modified price within 24 hrs at the latest.
* At the time of quotation, Vietnam Culture Travel reserves the right to adjust prices to take account of unusual movements in currency markets, hotel and transport costs as a result of inflationary price pressures in oil and other commodity markets.
* Single room occupancy’ refers to the accommodation element of the programme only, and applies to someone who is travelling with others but requires an additional room for him or herself. Single traveller prices are available as listed above.
The Specific Hotels Will Be Used in This Package Tour:
Hotel (5* +)
Ho Chi Minh Hotels
Saphire Hotel or Similar
Rex Hotel or Similar
Majestic or Similar
|Mekong Boat||Mekong Eyes junk||Mekong Eyes junk||Mekong Eyes junk|
Tour Prices Inclusive:
* Breakfast and accommodation sharing a twin or double room.
* Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above (Please note: pick-ups will be by a guide and driver or, where a guide is not necessary, a driver only. All unaccompanied drivers will be briefed in advance, and will carry a mobile phone to ensure smooth transfer arrangements)
* Boat cruise as specified in the programme.
* The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary (please note: guides will be on hand from pick-up until guests' return to their hotel or reaching their destination). Free days or part days will not include the services of a guide unless requested and included in the final itinerary.
* Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the programme.
*Meal as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants,
* VAT and other taxes
Tour Prices Exclusive:
* International flight tickets and airport tax.
* Dinners except as specified above.
* Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
* Diving courses in Nha Trang
* Camera fees (if any)
* Diving fees
Note: The price is subject to change according to each period of time. Please contact our travel consultants expert for the best price
This is an example of one of our classic tailor-made holidays in Vietnam. We'll be pleased to design similar Vietnam vacations with dates and itinerary customized to your personal preferences.
WHAT TO BRING:
* Sun Gears, Camera + Film, Sandal, Rain gear, flash Light, Insect Repellent...
HOW TO START:
* Vietnam Culture Travel is a fully escorted tour and best-available all year round; the only thing you need to prepare in advance is the international air-ticket from/to your country.
* If you don't have enough time to complete visa before your departure, we will help you to obtain visa on arrival easily (getting visa at the airport, on your arrival).